West Virginia honors exporters
CHARLESTON – Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin joined the West Virginia Export Council and the West Virginia Development Office to honor a state record-setting 52 West Virginia businesses with the Governor’s Commendation for International Market Entry awards. This award honors companies that have successfully exported to a new country in the past year.
“In 2012, our state’s exports reached a record high of $11.3 billion,” Tomblin said. “Expanding into new markets around the world has provided our businesses an opportunity to demonstrate their ability to successfully compete in the global marketplace. And I’m pleased to have this opportunity to honor them for their success.”
The Governor’s Commendation for International Market Entry award is a framed piece of currency from each new country to which the recipient business began exporting in 2012. The presentation is based on the tradition of displaying the first dollar a business earns.
The list includes two businesses from Brooke County – Merco Marine and United States Gypsum Co. – and one in Hancock County, the Homer Laughlin China Co.
Commendations were awarded to:
– Barbour County: Blackheart International, Philippi – Norway, France, Brazil.
– Berkeley County: Growth Media Services, Martinsburg – Hong Kong.
– Brooke County: Merco Marine, Wellsburg – Bahamas; United States Gypsum Co., Weirton – Russia.
– Cabell County: American Babbitt Bearing, Huntington – Canada; Crosscutting Concepts, Huntington – Canada; Guyan International, Barboursville – Ecuador, Peru; Nippon Tungsten USA, Barboursville – Brazil; Star Technologies, Huntington – Brazil, Canada, Mexico; Steel of West Virginia Inc., Huntington – Netherlands, Australia, Mexico, Canada, China. South Korea, South Africa; and Tri-State Coating and Machine, Salt Rock – Canada.
– Fayette County: The Robbins Co., Fayetteville – Brazil.
– Grant County: Allegheny Wood Products, Petersburg – Indonesia, Mexico.
– Greenbrier County: Almost Heaven Saunas, Renick – Australia, Belgium, Chile, Mexico, South Africa, Switzerland; BMS Rescue Equipment, Friars Hill – Australia, Canada; EZEbreak LLC, Frankford – Canada.
– Hancock County: The Homer Laughlin China Company, Newell – France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Norway.
– Jackson County: J&M Industrial Inc., Millwood – Malaysia, United Arab Emirates, Israel.
– Jefferson County: Schonstedt Instrument Co., Kearneysville – Tanzania.
– Kanawha County: Air Robotics, Charleston – Italy, Israel, Romania; ConveyWeigh LLC, Dunbar – Dominican Republic, Russia; Cyclops, South Charleston – Colombia, South Korea; Precision Samplers, South Charleston – Colombia; Preiser Scientific, St. Albans – Bolivia; Terraquip Construction Products, Charleston – Australia, India, Ireland, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Turkey; and Walker Machinery Co., Belle – Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Germany.
– Logan County: Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College, Mount Gay – China.
– Marion County: Backbone Security, Fairmont – Zerbaijan.
– Mason County: ICL-IP America, Gallipolis Ferry – Trinidad & Tobago.
– McDowell County: Gilco International Lumber, McDowell County – Thailand, Italy, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic.
– Mercer County: The Daniels Co., Bluefield – Mongolia.
– Mineral County: Automated Packaging Systems Inc., Keyser – Malaysia, New Zealand; Howell Automotive, Keyser – Argentina; Kessel Lumber Products, Keyser – Canada.
– Monongalia County: Gurkees, Morgantown – Japan, South Korea, Romania, Tanzania, United Kingdom; Petitto Mine Equipment, Morgantown – China; RockyBrook Sinkers, Morgantown – Canada, Japan, Russia; Z Electric Vehicle Corp., Westover – Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Denmark, Germany, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, United Kingdom, Vietnam.
– Morgan County: Caperton Furnitureworks, Berkeley Springs – Dominican Republic, Pakistan
– Nicholas County: Advantage Precision, Summersville – Australia, China.
– Ohio County: DirectOnline Marketing, Wheeling – South Africa; Touchstone Research Laboratory Ltd, Triadelphia – Portugal, Israel, Italy; TROY Group, Wheeling – Bahrain, Benin, Bolivia, Botswana, Cayman Islands, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Israel, South Korea, Libya, Nicaragua, Russia; Warwood Tool Co., Wheeling – China, United Kingdom; Wheeling Truck Center, Wheeling – Azerbaijan, Bermuda, Costa Rica, Estonia, Finland, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lithuania, Mongolia, Namibia, Philippines, Uruguay, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
– Putnam: Clark International Logistics, Poca – New Zealand; Eagle Research, Scott Depot – Bolivia, Peru; Premier Solutions, Hurricane – Hungary.
– Raleigh: Quality Environmental Containers, Beaver – Nigeria.
– Wayne: Aplicare, Inc., Prichard – Afghanistan, Canada, China, India, Israel, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Panama, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Kingdom.
– Wood: Baron Blakeslee SFC, Williamstown – Turkey, India, Saudi Arabia; Rolling Ridge Woods, Parkersburg – Austria.
The West Virginia Development Office International Division regularly organizes international trade events to assist small and mid-size West Virginia companies with their export growth. Upcoming events for 2013 include mining trade shows in Australia and China, and an open industry trade mission to Colombia. Interested companies may view upcoming events on the wvdo.org exports website and contact WVDO International Division for details.