Harrison board OKs personnel
CADIZ – The Harrison Hills City School District board on Thursday discussed personnel for summer projects and approved several personnel moves.
Superintendent George Ash was authorized to employ personnel as needed for summer projects and also was authorized to send letters to classified and certificated staff if a reduction in force is necessary.
In other matters, board members recognized several staff members and groups, including teachers Duran Morgan and the high school choir, as well as Harrison East Elementary Principal Sandy Leggett and Dean of Students Bert Tharp for efforts with a science fair.
In other business, the board:
– Approved the retirement of Pam Cogan, Mary Jane Harrah and Karen Carlier effective June 1; Linnah Hodkinson, David Lemley and Ed Kovacik effective June 30; and Joyce Pettay and Patricia Knoop effective May 31.
– Approved a one-year limited contract renewal for Blake Allen, Rebecca Agostini, Orion Bengier, Teresa Dunlap, Jessica Knight, Jessica Nign, Cain Noble, Caitlin Noble, Mike Valesko, Kendra Wickham and Lisa Zitko.
– Approved a two-year limited contract for Jennifer McCann and Adam Heaston and a three-year limited contract for Angela Bailey, Justin Clifford, Devvon Dettra, Dan Erbacher and Justin Kropka.
– Approved the employment of Brenda Becket as an aide at the senior/junior high school effective April 22 for the remainder of the school year.
– Recognized Michele Huston, Ashley Baur and LeAnn VanCamp hold a professional certificate or a professional educator license and have met the length of teaching service necessary to be eligible for continuing contract status.
– Assigned the additional duties of Title IX and sexual harassment director to Duran Morgan for the 2013-14 school year.
– Approved a return from personal leave of absence for Elizabeth Brooks effective 2013-14.
– Approved Meaghan Crall and Tammy Gross as aides
– Approved the resignation of Ben Hodkinson, co-reserve baseball coach for the 2012-13 school year, and OK’d Derek Madzia as co-reserve baseball coach.
– Confirmed the assignment of Rich McKinney and Rob Richards as intervention specialist teachers for the summer multi-handicapped enrichment program and OK’d the employment of Heather Graham as a two-hour per week custodian through Help Me Grow effective April 22.
– Approved an agreement with the Jefferson County Educational Service Center to participate in the Virtual Learning Academy for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 school years.
– Approved the purchase of a Steiner 440 tractor with diesel engine.
The next board meeting has been rescheduled for 7 p.m. on May 23.