Concert and events series set to kick off on Friday
WEIRTON — Music will be drifting from the Weirton Event Center, beginning Friday, as the annual community summer concert series kicks off.
Organized by the Top of West Virginia Convention and Visitors Burea, each concert is free of charge and open to the public, with gates opening at 6 p.m. and entertainment beginning at 7 p.m. This year’s concert season has been extended through mid September, with a variety of entertainers set to appear.
Parking is available at the venue, located at 3322 East St., as well as in the Strip Steel Community Federal Credit Union lot and Municipal Plaza. Bus service from Municipal Plaza to the Event Center will be provided.
The season will begin Friday with a car cruise and entertainment by “Elvis” as well as the Original Fantasys with Scott Hicks.
The remaining schedule includes:
• June 1: Jill West and the Blues Attack/Pat Heiserman
• June 8: Spinning Jenny/U.S. Kids/car cruise
• June 15: Tri-State Community Band/Dave Morgan
• June 22: De’Ja’Vu/Kylar Kuzio
• June 30: Beatlemania Magic
• July 1: Wheeling Symphony
• July 20: “Billy Joel”/“Cher”
• July 27: Hillbilly Way/Autumn Duckworth/car cruise
• Aug. 3: Hit Play/Brett Cain
• Aug. 10: Glenn Miller Orchestra
• Aug. 17: Blended Reality/Victoria Gerst
• Aug. 23: Elmoz Fire
• Sept. 2: Jeff Jimerson and Airborne/car cruise
• Sept. 6: Rumors/Chuck Lucas
• Sept. 13 Amy Lavere
For more information, call the CVB offices at (304) 797-7001, or visit them online at www.TopOfWV.com. Information also is available on Facebook through either Top of West Virginia or Weirton Event Center.