Fair vendor transported for burn treatment

WELLSBURG — A food vendor at the Brooke County Fair was transported by medical helicopter for burn treatments following an accident in her food trailer Friday.

Bob Fowler, director of the Brooke County emergency management, said the woman was lighting a deep fryer or grill when a propane explosion occurred, burning her face.

Fowler said the woman was conscious and speaking to him and Brooke County ambulance staff who treated her at the scene. He said she was transported from the park by helicopter to a Pittsburgh burn center primarily because of concerns the explosion could have affected her breathing.

He didn’t disclose her name, citing federal regulations dictating patient confidentiality.

COMMENTS