| || |
The Return of Me
July 30, 2008 - Summer Wallace-Minger
Sooo ... who missed me?
No one? Figures.
I've been back since Monday, but I have just finally managed to claw my way out from under the work that piled up in my absence.
Apparently Jeremy has had a new job added while I was gone -- blog police. He has informed me embargoed blogs do not count. I don't get an average of my blogs. If I do two this week, I still have to do another next week.
He told me this as he was stuffing a gianormous donut in his face after which he tossed donut crumbs at me. I couldn't rat him out to Alex, because Alex was in his office with someone, and it looks less than professional if I go running into his office, crying: "Alex, Jeremy threw something at me!"
But he did. And I didn't even have anything to throw back at him. And Jeremy didn't even offer me a donut. He just ate it in front of me. He's rude, but what can you do? He's Alex's favorite.
So, while I was on vacation, I did not go anywhere.
Instead, I did the following:
- Cleaned both bathrooms, top to bottom.
- Cleaned the kitchen, including the stove and refrigerator. Apparently, the washing machine hose has a leak.
- Baked things with the kids twice.
- Had three weenie roasts/s'mores fests.
- Watched my husband clean out and set up the wading pool, then watched the kids swim in it.
- Participated in a movie/game night.
- Went to a play.
- Took the kids to Idlewild and rode the carousel five times and the ferris wheel and roller coaster twice each. I also had a funnel cake and visited Mr. Rogers' Land of Make Believe.
- Went to a Pittsburgh Pirates game, where I convinced the kids the giant foam rubber hand their dad bought them for $8 had magical properties, and if a child wearing this hand pointed it at a player and concentrated, he or she could magically improve that player's performance. It has been the quietest, most laid-back game I've been to yet.
There you go, my vacation in a nutshell.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment
The kids eyeball the Evil Stepmother's mirror in Storybook Forest.