West Lib names search panel
WEST LIBERTY — West Liberty University announced the names of its 2019 Presidential Search Committee during its Board of Governors meeting, Wednesday.
The committee will lead the search for the 37th president who will take office after the retirement of President Stephen Greiner on June 30.
“These members have agreed to serve on the committee that has the role of selecting the best presidential candidates to present to campus for interviews as our search moves forward. We know they will do their best and thank them for agreeing to serve on this committee,” said Pat Ford, chairman of the Board of Governors.
Greiner has served as president since Jan. 1, 2016.
The search committee includes representatives from the faculty, alumni, staff and student body, along with members of the Board of Governors.
The committee makeup and process follows the guidelines set by the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission.
Board of Governor members include:
• Jack Adams, retired business leader from McMurray, Pa.
• Kelly Baker, WLU administrative assistant
• Joseph W. Carey, CEO Carey Strategic Communications, New York
• Richard Carter, retired business leader from Wheeling
• David Croft, chairman of WLU’s Foundation Board
• Lucinda L. Fluharty, Wheeling attorney
• Robert Gall, WLU professor of philosophy and religion
• Rich Lucas, CEO of Main Street Bank, Wheeling
• William C. Mercer, Wheeling physician
• Kristina Williams, CEO FHLBank, Pittsburgh
• Isabella Yakicic, Sidman, Pa., student government president
Other members include:
• Scott Cook, WLU’s vice president of Student Services and registrar
• Katie Cooper, WLU’s director of Financial Aid
• Courtney Huffman, WLU professor of dental hygiene
• Nicholas Sparachane, community member and donor
Lucas was elected as chairman and Adams was selected as vice-chairman of the search committee, which also held its first meeting Wednesday.
A national search is now taking place, with applications accepted through Jan. 31.