Catholic Central High School names top grads for 2020
STEUBENVILLE — Catholic Central High School officials have announced the top graduates of the Class of 2020.
• Patrick Francis Kuebler, the valedictorian, is the son of Daniel and Nellie Kuebler and a member of Holy Family Parish. He was a member of the soccer, track and cross country teams, including the 2016, 2017 and 2019 OVAC champion soccer teams and the 2017 and 2018 OVAC champion track teams. He earned seven varsity letters and has received the Eastern District Track and Field All-Star Team Award for two years, the Eastern District Cross Country All-Academic Award and has made the track and cross country all-conference teams. He was a four-year member of the academic team and the school choir and a one-year member of the band. Kuebler was elected as class treasurer his freshman, sophomore and junior years, and was the leader of House Lisieux his senior year. He attended Buckeye Boys State in 2019 and is a member of the National Honor Society. He has participated in the honors curriculum and has been on the principal’s list all four years of high school. He will attend Notre Dame University, where he plans to study biology.
• Hannah Olszewski, a co-salutatorian, is the daughter of Nancy and Douglas Olszewski of Wintersville and a member of Triumph of the Cross Parish, where she helped to clean and decorate the church for the holidays and volunteered for doughnut Sundays. She was a member of the basketball team and marching band and the 2017 and 2020 OVAC runner-up basketball teams. She earned four varsity basketball letters, and three letters in the band. As a senior, she won the Eastern Gateway Community College High School Athlete of the Week Award for basketball and the National School Color Guard Award. She was co-captain of the basketball team her senior year and earned honorable mention on the Eastern District 5 Girls Basketball Team. During her senior year, Olszewski was captain of the color guard and vice president for the auxiliary groups to the band. She was a member of the National Honor Society for two years, Key Club for four years and was elected vice president junior year, and Pep Club for four years. She has two academic letters, has been on principal’s list all four years of high school and participated in the honors curriculum. She is the winner of the Booster Club’s Scholarship. She will attend Walsh University, where she will study nursing and is a member of the Blouin Scholars Program. She was awarded the Dehayes Scholarship, Catholic High School Grant and the Brother Francis Blouin Scholarship from the university.
• Francesca Boni, a co-salutatorian, is the daughter of Joe and Dee Boni and a member of Triumph of the Cross Parish, where she has been an altar server for eight years. Boni was a math tutor, and was involved in Pep Club, Catholic Daughters Club, Students Against Destructive Decisions, National Honor Society, adoration band, steel band, concert band, pit band and marching band, where she served as the woodwind section leader and president. She was a Kairos retreat leader along with the co-leader of the Savio House. Boni’s academic achievements include earning an academic letter for three years and participating in the honors curriculum. She will attend Franciscan University of Steubenville to study nursing.
• Daniel Kissinger, the son of Mark and Ana Kissinger and a member of Holy Family Parish. He was a four-year member of the academic team, a two-year member of the National Honor Society and vice president in his sophomore year. Kissinger was a four-year member of the soccer team, two-year member of the tennis team and a one-year member of the track and football teams. He received an honors diploma and President’s Award of Academic Excellence. Kissinger will attend Franciscan University of Steubenville and major in biology and pre-med. He earned the Helen Heatherington Memorial and Franciscan University Dean’s scholarships.
¯• Edy Harold is the daughter of Phil and Rachel Harold and a member of Holy Family Parish. She was a two-year member of the National Honor Society, a two-year member of SADD, a five-year member of the marching band and a three-year member of the concert band. Harold was a four-year member of the volleyball, basketball and tennis teams. She won the AP Lit and Comp Award, President’s Education Award and Chancellor’s Award. She plans to attend Franciscan University of Steubenville and major in biology. She earned the Mickey Barber Scholar-Athlete award and Tuition Exchange Scholarship.
• Elizabeth Bolster is the daughter of Ron and Andrea Bolster of Steubenville and a member of Holy Family Parish. She was co-captain of the soccer team. Bolster was a four-year member of the marching band and an anchor of the low brass section. She was a four-year member of the track team and two-year member of the cross country team. She plans to attend Franciscan University of Steubenville to study nursing.
• Isabella Oliver is the daughter of Vincent and Nancy Oliver. She was a member of the National Honor Society and served as the vice president for her senior year. She was a four-year member of the Pep Club was president in her senior year, a house leader, Student Council vice president, a three-year member of the Catholic Daughters Club and a two-year Key Club member. She was a four-year starter on the varsity basketball team, a member of the track team for two years and the volleyball team for one year. Oliver received an honors diploma, the President’s Achievement Award, the Cynthia Rose Phillipson Memorial Scholarship, the Cecilia Whitehead Serra Memorial Scholarship and the Trinity Sports Medicine P3 Scholarship. She plans to attend Kent State University as a nursing major and has been admitted to the honors college in the fall with the President’s Achievement Award and the Honors Distinction Award granted to her for all four years of college.
• Maisie Leonard is the daughter of Matthew and Veronica Leonard and a member of Triumph of the Cross Parish. She was in the honors program, National Honor Society and on the principal’s list. She was a choir soloist, tennis co-captain concertmaster of the summer orchestra, Kairos leader and student house leader. She was a Royalette and a member of the drama program, soccer team, Mass band, adoration band, marching and concert band and academic team. She received the Mussio scholarship, the dean’s scholarship and the George Wenner scholarship, as well as the French award and her third academic letter. She plans to attend Franciscan University of Steubenville to major in either philosophy or psychology.
• Matthew Duff is the son of Kevin and Martha Duff. He won three academic letters; English 1, Algebra 1 and Geometry Awards for highest grade in class; the principal’s list in his freshmen and junior years and the honor roll in his sophomore year. He was involved in church maintenance and the soup kitchen at Holy Name Cathedral. Duff was a member of the National Honor Society, academic team, varsity soccer (where he was a three-time OVAC champion) and tennis (where he was a sectional singles champion.) He also was a member of the Division 2 Wheeling FC Soccer club team, JKYSC Soccer Spartans Travel team. He will attend Franciscan University of Steubenville and major in pre-physical therapy with the Provost and the Kiwanis Club scholarships.
• Brian Dao is the son of Andy Dao and Ngocvinh Doan. He was a member of the National Honor Society and was the senior class president. Dao received an honors diploma, the President’s Award and was on the principal’s list during his senior year. He plans to attend Ohio State University and major in pharmacy.
The Catholic Central High School Class of 2020 includes Luke Michael Anderson, Gian Antonio Maria Asci, Theresa Marie Bahen, Angelina Lucia Balzano, Shauna Nicole Bernert, India Jade Bloomer, Elizabeth Rose Bolster, Francesca Melody Boni, Maximillian George Borden, Corey Michael Brown, Santino Anthony Chiovitti, Luca Anthony Connor, Brian Dang Dao, Jeffrey Jermaine Dawson, Haley Nicole DiBenedetto, Leah Kathryn DiMichele, Katelynn Grace Dorsey, Matthew Joseph Duff, Gabriel Vincent Edwards, Carly Rose Fayak, Alyson Lee Fetty, Seth Carlton Taylor Fitzgerald, Anna Faye Godich, Antonio Julius Grandinetti, Noah Anthony Hanlin, Benjamin Howard Harbert, Edith Teresia Harold, Alexander Michael Ialenti, Jayden David Keeder, Daniel Joseph Kissinger, Nicholas David Kissinger, Gabriella Nicole Kosegi, Patrick Francis Kuebler, Esi Kumi-Sakyi, Anthony Jude LeFever, Margaret Rose Marie Leonard, Christian Joseph Lesnefsky, Kelly Anne Lynskey, Ryan Hany Manneh, Chole Bradley Maragos, Indiana A Marcino, Elizabeth Marie Mihalyo, Richard Emilio Montelione, Ethan Matthew Moore, Connor James Mort, Bailie Colleen Murphy, Mia Colleen Neary, Samantha Emily Nicosia, Isabella Angelina Oliver, Hannah Elizabeth Olszewski, Matthew Orsay, Megan Elizabeth Pentes, Courtney Elizabeth Pipo, Annalyn Rhine, Anthony Patrick Simmons Jr., Anthony Douglas Sprochi, Abigail Grace Symington, Anneliesa Joy Thompson, Tristan James Truax, Karlie Louise Vandeborne and Zoey Elizabeth Maria Young.