There’s a fair for everyone
Whether you’re looking for the chance to spend some quality time with friends and family, meet some new friends or just trying to find something special to do during the next several months, you need only look at the many fairs and festivals that are held throughout the Tri-State Area,
Their themes vary widely, and events held across our region feature activities for people of all ages.
Consider a random sample:
• Historic Fort Steuben will again be the site of Ohio Valley Frontier Days. Set for June 1-2, the event offers the chance to experience what life was like in the region’s early days.
• The corner of Fourth and South streets in downtown Steubenville will come to life June 11-14 with the sights and sounds of the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Food Festival. Celebrating its 33rd year, the event remains one of the most highly anticipated festivals of the year.
• The life of Dean Martin, the legendary entertainer who was born in Steubenville, will be celebrated June 13-15 at the Spot Bar during the 23rd-annual Dean Martin Festival. There will be tribute artists and karaoke contests to go along with food and drinks.
• Steubenville’s Hometown Celebration will be held June 15 at Historic Fort Steuben and will feature family friendly events, concerts at the Berkamn Amphitheater and street dance.
• An annual celebration of food and tradition will be renewed when All Saints Greek Orthodox Church on West Street in Weirton holds its annual festival July 11-13.
• St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Weirton will hold its annual peach festival on Aug. 10-11.
• If you’re looking to experience a county fair, there are plenty of options: The Harrison County Fair will be held June 24-29; the Carroll County Fair will be held July 16-21; the Jefferson County Fair is set for Aug. 13-18; the Brooke County Fair will be held Sept. 6-8; and the Hancock County Oldtime Fair is set for Sept. 13-15.
• The Wellsburg Applefest is set for Oct. 4-6.
• Follansbee’s annual Christmas in the Park will be held Oct. 12-13.
We can’t even being to list all of the region’s events here, but we can safely say there is something for everyone at area fairs and festivals.