WEST LIBERTY - New and veteran faculty members were recognized during West Liberty University's opening convocation.
Achieving tenure were Keely Camden, Catma Serkan and Robert Villamagna.
Faculty promotions included James Crumbacher promoted to instructor; Craig Crow, Scott Hanna, Melissa Hudson, Aaron Huffman, Catherine Monteroso and Sarah Schimmel, promoted to assistant professor; Christopher Barrick, Serkan Catma and Theopolis Lockridge, promoted to associate professor; and Sheli Bernstein-Goff, Linda Cowan, Brian Fencl, Matthew Harder, Melinda Kreisberg and Mohamed Youssef, promoted to professor;
Additionally, WLU President Robin Capehart presented special awards for staff excellence, including:
- Harry and Constance Hein Classified Staff Award to Mary Lou Conley, program assistant II, Highlands Center.
- Excellence in Professional Activity Award for 2012-13 to Zachary J. Loughman, assistant professor of biology.
- Excellence in Teaching Award for 2012-13 to Matthew J. Zdilla, assistant professor of biology.
- Excellence in Service Award for 2012-13 to Traci J. Tuttle, assistant professor of education.
- Excellence in Classified Staff Service Award for 2012-13 to Courtney L. Drahos, administrative associate, campus tour/visit coordinator.
Years of Service Awards were presented to John C. Giesmann, records officer; Sheli Bernstein-Goff, professor of social work; Patrick J. Henry, chief of operations; and Tammi L. Secrist, director of marketing and special events, 10 years.
Judy E. Carney, assistant professor of math; Cheryl R. Harshman, director of the library; Randall A. Hollingshead, trades specialist; Donna S. Howard, administrative assistant II; Lisa M. Marple, supervisor, student accounts; Joseph R. Mills, assistant director, physical plant; and Ronald A. Witt, executive director, Institute for Innovation in Education, 15 years;
Mary Ann Edwards, executive secretary to the president, 20 years;
Jennifer D. Blaskovich, academic lab instructor assistant; Robin A. Brunner, program assistant II, and Donna J. Lukich, professor of nursing, 25 years.
Sylvia "Beth" E. Barr, payroll representative, and Thomas A. Hostutler, campus police officer, 35 years.
WLU currently counts 144 instructors as full-time faculty.